AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the other thread on the 5900 but I am unclear based on the various posts. As a DVD-9000 owner (which I love), I need a second player for my other system. The DVD-5900 looks great....but, is it the new 9000 or not? I will pull the cord on the 5900 as soon as its available, but, is the new 9000 around the corner (as in 3 or 4 months)?

Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't Know. But if you subscribe to the old adage "You buy stereo equipment by the pound" then no. The 9000 weighs about twice as much as the 5900. However I am very excited about the 5900 and plan to buy one just as soon as I can get my hands on one. Rumor has it they will be in stock on schedule sometime late this month. I wish Denonjeff would get back on his thread. I already ordered three pairs of JPS labs ultraconductor interconnects to take advantage of HDCD and 5 channel al24+ processing. My receiver has the Denon Link, but I haven't upgraded to the second edition.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi!

Eulogytool is correct. The 5900 is not Denon's flagship. That will be released as mentioned...wait until you see the price. I haven't heard anything definite, but it will be more than the DVD-9000.

Cyberbod, this is so funny. You're just like me...I have my WireWorld's (2 pairs of Gold Eclipse III+ and 1 pair of Silver Eclipse III+ all with the Series 5 connectors) on order for this player. I also have a Shunyata Python power cord sitting in my living room awaiting duty.

Ken

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ken,

I just put a down payment on the 5900 today and ordered JPS labs Digital Power Chord yesterday. My interconnects are waiting for me at UPS. I will pick them up Monday after work. I will be posting first impressions when I have them. I will be interested in yours and others. Keeping my fingers crossed this doesn't turn into one gigantic Beta Test.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I don't know for Denon US but Denon Canada already have them in stock and were sending one for me to my dealer today. He said I should have it by the end of the week.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Dealers will tell you that the 9000 is discontinued. But it is still listed on the Denon site as an active product (at least as of last week). I can't get any information on the 9000's replacement other than the 5900 isn't it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.