AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not that end. I mean the end of my 360. I played a used version of gt4 (which i hated by the way) and my 360 gave me the unreadable disc error 1 and it froze up like 2 times. Is this the start of hte read ring of death?????

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what itll say? or are you being a wise ass?
If its not the read ring then what should i do? Thanks a bunch for the help. i appreciate it

·
Registered
287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballDen /forum/post/14258821

or are you being a wise ass?

Ouch

I have had two go bad due to bad drives. On both units I started to get the dirty disc error randomly first. Then after a month or so, started getting a screen that said "Put this disc in an Xbox360" in multiple languages. If it is only doing it to you on that GTA4 disc then i would stress. When it starts happening more, go ahead and call support.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballDen /forum/post/14258789

No not that end. I mean the end of my 360. I played a used version of gt4 (which i hated by the way) and my 360 gave me the unreadable disc error 1 and it froze up like 2 times. Is this the start of hte read ring of death?????

Gran Turismo 4 is a PS2 game and therefore unreadable.
(Yes I know he meant GTA4.)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Never had a dirty disc error with GTA, but I freeze all the time. Rockstar support has been less than stellar with support of this. They just said that your 360 needs to be serviced. All my other games play perfectly fine, and I have 15 other games. They also said that GTA really pushes the 360 to the limits. I have to play in 30-90 minute increments to try and complete the game.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
there is a serious problem with GTA4 discs.

until this happens with something else, dont worry about it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You will know the end is near when any game you play starts to stutter intermittently and lock up at least that is what happened to me both times my 360 died

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Mine gave me disk errors almost from when I got it over two years ago, it died about a month ago so it may not be near death for you. I rarely got lock ups or anything and the disk errors were not very frequent.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
When it locks up in the BLADES...then you are screwed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer;

The future's uncertain and the end is always near...

~Roadhouse Blues

1 - 13 of 13 Posts