AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to make a compilation CD of my favorite tracks from the Star Wars films and every F'n time the CD Writer is just about done with EPISODE II's CD, my computer crashes or locks up.

I am royally p*ssed off about this, as i have blown through 4 CD's and two hours of my time. Anyone know what the deal is?

I have a Plextor 16X and Easy CD Creator 4.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

· Registered
1,797 Posts
The first thing you need to try is to rip the entire CD to wav files on the hard drive, then play them back through windows media player to see if they play correctly -before- you attempt to dump them to CD. If the original CD is truly copy protected, the wav files will not play correctly. Either they will be filled with pops and clicks, or they will be non-functional entirely.

I don't know how often this site is updated, but might be a useful tool:

http://www.fatchucks.com/corruptcds/index.html

· Registered
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I've never tried rippinganything before, so I'll give it a try.

· Registered
2,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kenshiroh
If a CD is copy-protected, isn't it required to say so on the package?
Depending on the type of copy protection, the CD may not be allowed to carry the "CD Digital Audio" logo. I believe there is only 1 type of protection that still can use the logo, but I think its only used in Europe. The others don't follow the standard Red-Book CD standard and therefore cannot use the logo. (Now whether or not a studio follows those rules, who knows)

So, if you can't find the CD logo on the packaging, most likely there is some kind of copy protection.

As for getting the songs into a compilation, just use Kazza and download the MP3s.

· Registered
407 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the CD I noticed in my local HMV was the EpII soundtrack. It had a very small (about 3mm high by 15mm long) tag in the bottom left corner which said "Will not play on PC/MAC". I'm not 100% sure it was this film, but I'm fairly sure. The onnly other disc I've seen it on is that Celine Dion one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.