Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading The Food Network forums the other day. It seems like some

people were excited about being able to watch a couple of specials that

will be released on Blu-ray.(well, they are actually on the upcoming

"No Reservation" BD movie)

Does this mean that The Food Network will only support Blu-ray when

they start selling their programs on high def media next summer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
727 Posts
given the current state of the hd-dvd camp i would say yes!!!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Anyways. The Food Network has no current plans to release (themselves) anything on HDM. Although they've managed to get the vast majority of their flagship shows to be shot in HD (some for several years now).

Although the shows themselves mastered and air in 1080i/59.94. The only 1080p/23.97 content I am aware of is the new yet to air Paula Home Cooking episodes. Which will be rebranded as "Paula's Best Dishes" from there on out.

The first of these shows last I checked would be "Garden Get Together" which airs April 5th and hasn't even been onlined yet. But these shows will be delivered to the Network in 1080i so they will only have the "film look". But still only be 1080i obviously. They would have to ask the Post Houses to remaster and deliver in 1080p.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes /forum/post/13010400

In case you don't know, blu-ray does not require video to be 1080p.

Yeah of course I know this.

But I know plenty of people on here REALLY care about 1080i vs 1080p. SO I thought that info might be of interest to some.

You could also call me a "Food Network Insider".

I haven't personally heard of any "summer plans" - but I can get a straight answer about that on Monday either way.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes /forum/post/13010686

I can't imagine anyone would have a problem with 1080i if that is how the content was originally shot. There have been plenty of 1080i releases already. Mostly concerts.

Well I'm also a big fan of the Master of Horror series.

But people have mentioned having no to little interest in content that is 1080i on here.

I'm not agreeing with them. Also some people just like information about source material, period. I wasn't suggesting how someone should feel about possible specs, just reporting them. I'm bummed my cable provider still does not offer FooD HD in my area, it's supposed to be coming soon though. But I do see a large amount of the HD shows that appear on that channel before they are delivered to the network. But even still new shows like "Down Home with the Neely's" (which premieres today) is shot in SD and there are no plans in the works for it to be shot in HD, even though it's supposed to be the biggest show they've had (according to "buzz").

·
311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dildatonr /forum/post/13013156

I'm a Giada man myself.

Paula has a mouth like a sailor though.

Amen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts