AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had anyone used the Infocus 84" projector screen. I know it is not a good one but expect to be better than a matt white wall.

I planned to buy an InFocus X1. Please recommend an appropriate one. I am willing to pay more and actually wanted to buy a permanent one . But not sure which one will match the X1.

Your advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just in case you guys not sure which Infocus screen I am talking about. It is the one that sell around $200. Not sure how the result would be and whether it has black border on the side.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Call daLite and request their screen samples. They will send you 6 in square samples of their screen material. Decide which one you like with your projector and buy it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I got those 6" samples from Dalite and frankly they suck at truly evaluating a screen for home theatre. They are too small. You have to see the whole screen to really compare.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response. b

Please recommend some good models for consideration.

*** ChaCha, you mentioned about the high power 100 inch. Do you mind give me more details.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Talk to Dan H. $230+ship.

Stingray: There are a lot of threads on the High Power screen. Check em out. Very bright and colorful screen if that's what you're looking for. If you want CRT-type blacks, it might not be for you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far no one recommend to go with the Infocus 84" screen. Most recommend to start with Da-Lite model B. However, I am not able to find good deal with local Da-lite reseller. Still shopping around.

Good luck!

·
Registered
632 Posts
I assume (we all know what that stands for) that Daniel H. is from AVS.

If so call him and cut the deal. Going local is nice but at the same time trust the web. After all whose forum is this anyway? Support AVS.

Best Luck - Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.