AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this a bit outdated for a pj? I have a Mits. HC3000 and think it is a great unit for the price and I paid about $800 new. Not sure the money difference would be that beneficial to offset the cost. Any input?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Its an awesome projector . I don't know what its current going rate is but it was a bargain at its retail price let alone now. Your only decision is to put the toward one of the later JVC dila series which offer some refinements over the HD1.

I could easily upgrade mine but frankly after having had it for over 2 years I still don't feel the need.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
What Chris said - $2800 for an HD1/RS1 is way too high. You can pick them up with relatively low hours used for around $2000-$2200 on V'gon. There's even a low hour RS2 (HD100, successor to the HD1/RS1) for sale in the classifieds here for less than $2800.

·
Registered
598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogPilot /forum/post/16946431

What Chris said - $2800 for an HD1/RS1 is way too high. You can pick them up with relatively low hours used for around $2000-$2200 on V'gon. There's even a low hour RS2 (HD100, successor to the HD1/RS1) for sale in the classifieds here for less than $2800.

Sorry, what's V'gon? I'm fairly interested in this projector, missed out on two used ones on Ebay.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrm /forum/post/16947829

Sorry, what's V'gon? I'm fairly interested in this projector, missed out on two used ones on Ebay.

videogon.com

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was watching closely on few used RS1s on Ebay in last 30-days - they closed at over $1,700, so the earlier posts are close on their estimates.

I'm proud to say that thanks to Avscience, I'm a future owner of an RS2 - worth investigating their deal!

·
Registered
6,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrm /forum/post/16954491

I'm proud to say that thanks to Avscience, I'm a future owner of an RS2 - worth investigating their deal!

Yeah... I'd jump all over the AVS RS2 deal if it were brighter. My RS1 is just barely bright enough for my application.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Well, after 8 or 9 PJs since 2002, I finally went for the RS2 B-stock.

I tend to agree with erkq, the JVC is more for movies while the Panny (had the ae100 and ae900) is great for sports, IMHO.

Meanwhile, I'll be PJ-less for about a week.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
A couple of questions - do the RS2's do vertical stretch, and how much difference is the brightness between the RS1 and RS2? Is the RS2 bright enough to use with a 120" wide 2.35:1 screen with a 1.2 gain?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Are the JVCs considered maintenance free. I currently have a Sharp Z3000 720p PJ and what I like about this PJ beside the picture quality is that is has been problem free and maintenance free. 2 years and 1700 and I have never touched the PJ for any reason. No dust blobs, filters to clean, convergence issue (it's DLP), image retention and so forth. So if I don't want to deal with these kind of issues, should I look else where for 1080p upgrade?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex solomon /forum/post/17002175

No dust blobs, filters to clean, convergence issue (it's DLP), image retention and so forth.

The JVC RS's have sealed optics, so no worries about dust blobs.

There is a filter that needs to be cleaned about every 3 months or so, but it is very easy to get to.

Since these are 3 chip machines, there will be some convergence issues (severity varies between units), but they do have the means to adjust convergence via an adjustment in the menu.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts