AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
No. Mitsubishi and Panasonic both offer models, although the Mits units are the only ones currently available. The JVC model is the only current unit that can playback pre-recorded DTheater titles.

·
Registered
255 Posts
can you tell me what is the better model, the jvc 3000 or the mits 2000? please specify why? also why do the jcv cost more than the mits? and can you tell me which unit would work better for my ws65 diamond series? should i go with the new jvc 4000. thanks for any help you can provide.

john

·
Registered
255 Posts
hahahaha, thanks for the help. you guys are real generous with your thoughts....not.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
This is like asking is a Ford or Chevy is best. We have all beat ourselves up too much on this question. Again, read the posts and make your own opinion. There is no one answer

dave

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ten foot pole is only an option with these decks!

If you want to playback pre-recorded D-Theater D-VHS tapes, you have to buy a D-Theater capable device. At time of my post, the JVC HM-DH30000 is the only one you can purchase. The DH40000 will be out soon (if not already), and Marantz has one announced but I haven't seen anything about them since the announcement.

The HM-DH30000 has lots of reported reliablity issues which you will see tons of posts on if you do a search.

If you simply want to record and have no desire to playback pre-recorded material, the Mitsubishi is the way to go. It will save you a fair amount of money, and it does not have the reported reliability problems.

-Pie

·
Registered
255 Posts
ok, pie,now we are cooking, I appreciate your points simple and concise. i'll wait for the jvc 4000,I do want dtheater play back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.