AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to know if it's worth it to go for the big boy.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Depends on size of room..but in general... From MY EXPERIENCE ...no. In fact, I liked the RC-52 better in some circumstances. Go with the big boy center though :p

That being said...Klipsch is a very popular brand...you can pick them up used for a 1/2 or better the cost of new if you look around for a couple months.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I heard them both side by side the other day and I can say IMO yes, absolutely.

·
Registered
894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott  /t/1461983/is-the-klipsch-rc-62ii-200-better-than-the-rc-52ii#post_23050376

I heard them both side by side the other day and I can say IMO yes, absolutely.

What did you hear I didn't? I heard them back to back many times and I didn't notice much of a delta to justify $200 bucks.

Not saying you are wrong, there is no wrong... Just wondering what you heard I didn't.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, way too much of a subjective question.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01  /t/1461983/is-the-klipsch-rc-62ii-200-better-than-the-rc-52ii#post_23050493

What did you hear I didn't? I heard them back to back many times and I didn't notice much of a delta to justify $200 bucks.

Not saying you are wrong, there is no wrong... Just wondering what you heard I didn't.

No Idea. I was standing directly in front of both with a switch to go back and forth. Without question, if I was buying at that moment I would have left with the 62. It sounded fuller and more lifelike.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Btw, I have a one month old 52ii for sale.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott  /t/1461983/is-the-klipsch-rc-62ii-200-better-than-the-rc-52ii#post_23054479

Btw, I have a one month old 52ii for sale.

Shoot me a PM if you still have it..

·
Registered
196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh285  /t/1461983/is-the-klipsch-rc-62ii-200-better-than-the-rc-52ii#post_23068305

Shoot me a PM if you still have it..

PM Sent

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The rc64II is much better than both and IMO if you can fit it just get that instead. I had the Rc3II which is the older version of the Rc-62. Night and day difference. The RC-62I have heard several times and is a nice speaker.

For HT 90% of all the content you hear is out of your center channel. If anything I would spend more money on my center than any other speaker. Try watching a movie without a center channel even for 20 minutes or so and you will be amazed at how much work it does and how little the rest of your speakers are doing.

Get the best center you can afford. Get the best sub you can afford.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm running the rf 82s on the nadc372 would I be able to run this centre on the spare channel I have or does it have to run on an av amp ? I've got two spair channels left and right ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts