AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the Lenkeng LKV351 recommended on here before by Fudoh and some others as a decent budget video scaler/processor, and now I've come across this seemingly upgraded model:

The two main differences between this and the LKV351 standard model is that it supports 1080p and has two audio inputs to go along with the video component inputs. The standard model only output to 720p and had a 3.5 jack for the audio, requiring a converter cable if connected via component from my PS2.

Now I've been burned in the past buying some cheap "HD Converter Box" off of eBay before, but it wasn't a Lenkeng product. From what I've read on here and on Fudoh's side, it sounds like the results from these budget Lenkeng boxes are comparable to those of the HDBox Pro.

Does anyone know if that's true for this model in particular? I found it for a decent price and want to know if I should pull the trigger. I don't care that much if it's not up to par with the big boys of video processing. All I really want is an affordable de-interlacer/upscaler for my TV, which does a horrible job de-interlacing a 480i signal on its own. To be specific, I'm looking to connect my PS2 through this converter.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
No, no and no. Pick up an iScan Pro from eBay instead.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoh  /t/1494294/is-the-lenkeng-lkv351pro-decent-for-the-price#post_23821692

No, no and no. Pick up an iScan Pro from eBay instead.

Wow, really? On your site you seem to be saying that the Lenkeng converter boxes are on par with the HDBox Pro.

Quote:
Conclusion: while I usually don't like "nameless" chinese manufacturers, Lenkeng succeeded in getting it's name out there. Their HDBoxPro clone, their PSP scalers and their easy to use RGB Scart to HDMI converters are highly recommended. Don't expect XRGB-3-like performance from them, but they're all worth their money and if your goal is basically just to add RGB Scart inputs to your HDTV set, this is the quick'n dirty path to 240p glory.

Why the sudden change of heart? Or is it just this particular Lenkeng model that sucks?

I know you always recommend looking for an iScan Pro or other similar products used on eBay, but every time I look they are going for $300+. I've never once been able to find some of the better, older devices for any cheaper than that. Is there some secret to finding DVDO products on eBay for $100-150 like you say you can?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It depends on what you need. Several years ago, their HDBoxPro clones were just that - HDBoxPro clones. Performed on the same level, which is better than the Monoprice clones. Prices of higher-end gear have come down considerably. And specially in your case, where component is a requirement, but not RGB, you've got all the choices you could wish for.
Quote:
Is there some secret to finding DVDO products on eBay for $100-150 like you say you can?
you set up an ebay alert, wait a week or two, bid, win and be happy. For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicon-Image-DVDO-iScan-Pro-Line-Doubling-Upconverter-/130976245943

1 - 4 of 4 Posts