AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few posts suggesting under $100 setups with the little Lepai amp but I haven't read too much about what the amp will actually do. Is it sufficient for a bedroom tv? Right now I'm just using the lousy tv speakers, so it wouldn't take much to be an upgrade over that.

·
Registered
246 Posts

I have a Lepai 2020a+ in my bedroom connected to a pair of Classix II speakers (input is Bluetooth audio).  I got a 12V power supply for it.  I turn off the EQ/tone controls which supposedly muddies the sound.  I leave the volume at half-way--when cranked all the way, I hear distortion.  How loud you can actually go depends upon the efficiency of the speakers you hook up to it.  With high efficiency speakers (DIY Fusion-12 Tempest) that I hooked up to it for testing, it can get crazy loud.  For the bedroom, I can crank it loud enough for my purposes (background music).

Anyhow, for me, it was perfect for my purposes--sounds great (very clean), inexpensive, and has a small footprint.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just hooked it up. Sounds great and plenty of volume for the bedroom. Now I just need to find some smaller speakers that will fit in better, because I'm definitely keeping this amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.