AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a build with the BOXDH77DF with a mSATA SSD as the only disk (in a Morex 557 case with a PicoPSU). I haven't been able to figure out what speed that mSATA slot runs at. Anybody know?

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Unfortunately, there is no literature from Intel that says the board is mSATA compatible though it does clearly have a slot for a miniPCIe card. Assuming it is compatible, the controller is compliant with the latest SATA standards so you should be fine with whatever you throw in there if it does in fact support mSATA.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. There is plenty of literature from Intel ( here and here ) saying that it supports mSATA, just not what speed. As long as a SATA-III disk works I'll be happy.

I know it should work with mSATA from the builds I've found posted online. The Anandtech one is probably the most notable.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorath  /t/1421235/is-the-msata-port-on-the-boxdh77df-sata-ii-or-sata-iii#post_22238965

Block diagram on page 16
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20950/eng/DH77DF_TechProdSpec01.pdf

mSATA connector connected (1) SATA 3.0Gb/s

eSATA connector connected (1) SATA 3.0Gb/s

-plus-

(2) SATA 3.0Gb/s connectors

(2) SATA 6.0Gb/s connectors

That fills out the 4 SATA II and 2 SATA III available on the H77 chip. There doesn't appear to be any shared connectors.

Solid info! Thanks, Gorath.

·
Registered
449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorath  /t/1421235/is-the-msata-port-on-the-boxdh77df-sata-ii-or-sata-iii#post_22238965

.... There doesn't appear to be any shared connectors.

The mSATA is shared with miniPCIe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this board, in one of my htpcs paired with an i3 2120t. love the board, hate the pcie/msata port. I could not get anything pcie to recognize (2 wireless cards and a tv tuner tested) in it. The port in the bios is listed as msata and shows in with the rest of the sata ports. Hopefully your results with msata are better then mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts