AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know the situation on a unit sold after delivery but as you will be the 1st user (owner) purchasing a pre buy would in my mind guarantee you received the warranty...

Of course this should be confirmed by Cygnus as I am just speaking my mind but I would raise hell if a pre buy transfer was not honored as warrantee

------------------
New email [email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just to clarify, I did not buy a spot but the actual unit which has already been delivered to the owner. I will therefore be the second owner.

Is the warranty tied to the original owner or just the product ?

------------------

Sergio R.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only Shawn can answer this... But I will say this, for all the bad press Cygnus has had (and I have also laid upon them) Shawn is committed to trying his best on this and really wants to make a great product and his customers happy...

I am sure there is much that would have been done differently (or more likely not at all) but I have a hard time imagining Shawn not supporting his product.

------------------
New email [email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm about to purchase a Panamorph from the original owner (first pre-buy) and wondered if the unit's warranty will carry over ? Is there a registration process to insure warranty ?

Thanks for any help

------------------

Sergio R.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It's a simple yet important question which needs an answer prior to purchase. Can anyone help, Shawn, CGNS, Stewart, anyone ?

------------------

Sergio R.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Does anyone know of a way to contact any representative of the Panamorph product ? I am asking the most simple of questions and I can't get an answer, yet Shawn takes the time to hype the upcoming 2.35 Panamorph lense, talk about priorities http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif . Let me give them some advice: customer support.

For the record I've emailed CGNS and Shawn directly prior to posting here (no response). I'm beginnning to rethink this purchase.

------------------

Sergio R.

[This message has been edited by LMDA1 (edited 09-17-2001).]

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You could try to contact Stewart at http://www.stewartfilm.com/ - they are supposedly going to be selling the Panamorph. You should be able to reach someone at Stewart, though I don't know if they'll be able to answer the question.

Please post any info you receive.

Mike

------------------

Join the NYC-area HT club! Send me e-mail!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Try ViSR as my Panamorph was marked as a ViSR product not a Cygnus product.

The Panamorph stuff is now on the ViSR web site.

Fax no is also on the web site. www.visr.com

Visual Systems Research, Inc.

Suite 8F329

3050 Union Lake Road

Commerce, MI 48382

email

[email protected]

fax

248-360-9084

DavidW

·
Registered
115 Posts
I read that comment as meaning nothing other than warranty is NOT transferable, using the excuse that damage from shipping it to the new owner would be the cause of the problem and therefore getting themselves out of liability. Having said that, non-transferrable warranties are fairly common for most items I have ever purchased. This is not a knock on Cygnus (or Visr or whatever they're called now), but most companies don't stand behind their products for very long. Bryston is one company that re-defines the words "customer service" with their 20 year transferrable warranty. It's really too bad I can't stand solid state amps.

------------------

-------------------

Shane

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks for the contact information. I just received an email reply from Shawn and it appears they will warrant a unit based on it's shipping date but (and I quote) "However, the warranty can not be applied to fix a unit received damaged or incomplete by a third party. In other words we can assume no responsibility that the unit received by a third party is in its original factory condition.". This sounds fair but how exactly can this premise be confirmed ? I mean outside obvious physical damage, it all comes down to taking someone's word (or not) that the unit was in perfect condition upon receipt.

I'll attempt to clarify this further with Shawn.

------------------

Sergio R.

[This message has been edited by LMDA1 (edited 09-17-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.