AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgarde my 6 year old epson TW2000 and the panny be goy for around $1600 in the uk, the epson 5030 is almost twice as much

is the panasonic still a decent contender despite its age.

also i have heard comments that it is a weak 3D projector especially in relation to brightness. is this true. could i have a decent 3d picture in a non cave enviroment

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just picked up a Panny 8000 about a month ago. I use it for watching HD sports, Blu-Ray movies and general HDTV viewing. I have it ceiling mounted with a throw distance of 13 ft and a viewing distance of 11.5 ft. Screen size is 125" (3.175M for you metric types) with an aspect ratio of 16:9. I do not use it for 3D so I can not comment on that aspect of its performance. I do not have a dedicated HT and have some ambient light intrusion during the daytime. This is one of the reasons I choose the Panny-its high light output which I felt I needed during the day for sports events. I use the projector in the eco mode and find the light output in that mode sufficient for both day and night viewing. One item that I felt was important was the quietness of the fan during operation. With the projector in eco mode, I can not hear the fan even though it is almost overhead. I have been pleased with the clarity, color and brightness. Even my wife thinks the Panny puts out a great picture and is cool-not as cool as new shoes for her but cool for a guy thing. ;)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.