AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title speaks for itself. I was also considering the Epik castle but the SVS looks better, WAF. Help me decide?

·
Registered
651 Posts
From pure performance perspective, the Epik Castle is better than the PB12 plus. I recommend the Castle because you have a large room.

BTW, change your mistake in your title.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryounglaw /forum/post/15544745

The title speaks for itself. I was also considering the Epik castle but the SVS looks better, WAF. Help me decide?

Ask your wife if the box look with wood side panels, (versus the 35 inch black cylinder), is worth putting out another $231. She's the one you have to please.

Show her pics on the net so she can see how different they look.

Performance wise it doesn't make very much difference.

This is really between you and your wife. No one else can tell you which one she thinks is better for the two of you.

·
Registered
642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengbin /forum/post/15544811

From pure performance perspective, the Epik Castle is better than the PB12 plus. I recommend the Castle because you have a large room.

BTW, change your mistake in your title.

Is Epik taking any new orders at this time?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no sorry i wasn't clear, the castle is a great sub but not great looking. I like the svs subs, a little smaller and the PB looks great in rosenut. I want to know the diff b/t the PC and PB. I expect the PB to have more output b/cthe bigger box, right. If they sound the same/similar it may be for saving the $$. similat = cannot tell diff unless side by side.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
The difference in performance between the box vs. the cylinder is not significant. It may be barely measurable in favor of the box, but probably not audible.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that may solve it, the box looks nice but i wanted to spend $1000.00. The PC puts me right there. Still like the look of the box though. I may wait to catch a b-stock

·
Registered
3,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryounglaw /forum/post/15546130

in all my postings no one seems to mention HSU specifically, the VTF-3 MK3 is on my range.

Well, being a long time HSU customer, I personally can say that their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. And, SVS is regularly rated as good, many times better, given the same price points. Great customer service, too. But, there's lots of competition at or around the same price point.

Epik is good....if you can get one. AV123 MFW15 is another good below your price point. Ascend Acoustics sells the Rhythmic....again a little below your price point. Many here like those. If you're going that far, look at what Elemental Design offers. I've yet to hear a complaint about their subs (but it takes a while to get them as they're made to order).

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt34 /forum/post/15545202

Is Epik taking any new orders at this time?

Nope. All except the Conquest are out of stock.

·
Registered
651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy /forum/post/15547427

If you're going that far, look at what Elemental Design offers. I've yet to hear a complaint about their subs (but it takes a while to get them as they're made to order).

He stated in his post no eD subs because they're too ugly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts