AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
searched the forums and found a ton of info about the 5002 and the TVP1000, but could not find any info on the quality of the 5002's scaling abilities, except that it's better than the sharp stb sold with the retail version of the 503cmx.

I know the TVP1000 has a lot of additional features, but does it actually perform better scaling than the 5002?

thing is, i already have a HD receiver, a tweaked out HTPC, so i got my DVD and HD material covered. however, for regular cable watching, i find the dtc-100's 540p upconverting capabilities to be terrible. if the 5002's upconverting capabilities aren't good, i'd have to consider getting something better, like a seperate STB unit or the TVP1000.

MMAfia

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Wait for the new model cards for the Pioneer coming out in the next couple months - they will have much improved scalers over both of the two existing models.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi Don,

Do you know if any of the upcoming cards will also have onboard DVI input in addition to their better scaling? TIA.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Brett:

Yes, both the Aurora and KD cards will have DVI inputs. Not sure about Aurora, but the KD card also has an SDI input.

·
Registered
96 Posts
TO: Don Berg

Do you know when the new Pioneer video card will be available? I need to buy my 433CMX by mid-to-late January, and would hate to spend $$ on a soon-to-be-replaced card.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Only from what I've read from posts here. Both Aurora and KD have announced they are currently working on new designs that will work with the Pioneer plasma card slot and add a lot of new features. Search over old posts for them. It could be several months, if you need a plasma now just get one of the deals where they throw in a 5002 card for free and replace the card later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.