AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading ALOT and was wondering if this would be too much of a receiver. I will only be using it for home theater purposes (blue collar bi-level ranch-open set up) and to blast music. I have a bunch of outdated stuff (10 year old $250 Sony receiver and $250 JBL speakers)and was going to start with the receiver.

I don't think that I am THAT retarded but my front surround left speaker went very low. I changed speakers and still very low. I changed left to right front surround speaker wires at the back of the receiver and the right went very low and the left was good.

So I need a new receiver. I would like ipod connectivity too. I just don't want to buy something that has features that I won't use.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnicetry /forum/post/20863419

I have been reading ALOT and was wondering if this would be too much of a receiver. I will only be using it for home theater purposes (blue collar bi-level ranch-open set up) and to blast music. I have a bunch of outdated stuff (10 year old $250 Sony receiver and $250 JBL speakers)and was going to start with the receiver.

I don't think that I am THAT retarded but my front surround left speaker went very low. I changed speakers and still very low. I changed left to right front surround speaker wires at the back of the receiver and the right went very low and the left was good.

So I need a new receiver. I would like ipod connectivity too. I just don't want to buy something that has features that I won't use.

If the low volume followed the speaker wire then replace the speaker wire. It may be corroded or pinched. The pioneer 35 is overkill but so is most everything else and that is a good thing. Heard these are on closeout at costco. What is your max budget and what is your best deal so far?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I changed the rear output speaker wire from left to right the original left speaker was fine and the problem now was with the right speaker. The only thing that changed was the output from the rear. I don't mind overkill, but are there any receivers that cost around $400 that could even come close to the SC-35? My budget is around $600, but from what I am reading the SC-35 is the shiznit, so I don't mind stretching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.