AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems PPVHD on D* only gets films from New Line and Dreamworks, which is why the lineup is so pathetically anemic. There are some movies I'd love to see in HD now and would pay for. Prime example: Finding Nemo. I know I won't see this in HD til it shows up on ABC's WWofDisney, which will take years. (I've never seen a Disney animation on the premium movie networks.) Ditto Winged Migration (now on Starz but not in HD) and Whale Rider. Blockbuster stuff like Bad Boys and T3 will end up on HBO or somewhere, so I don't care too much about them. But anyway, D* or whoever needs to get their butts in gear and sign up more studios!

How is the PPVHD with other providers -- Comcast, E*, etc.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
From what I read recently the others are just as bad. I think E* and ExpressVu are about the same as D*. Not sure about cable.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Some Disney feature animation shows up on Starz, but you are right they would rather it go to ABC or Disney Channel.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The worst I think is E* charging $5.99 or whatever for 1 hour HD shows on Dolphins and such (which are probably only 45mins to boot)

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Its not great from cablevision.The selections arent that great but it does have some cool IMAX movies.The huge problem is 6.95$ for 24 hours.Thats not right because NON-HD PPV is like 3.95$ for 3 days.PPV HD should be the same deal.I've ordered a few IMAX HD movies but everytime I feel ripped off.So I've stopped ordering and most IMAX movies are on INHD anyway.Now if they had great movies on PPV HD like Braveheart or Titanic Saving Private ryan.I would order.It would be worth it. J.H.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.