AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a main desktop computer in one room and my home theater system in my bedroom. I could get a very long HDMI cable to go from my desktop PC to my audio receiver but that wouldn't be a great solution. Would streaming to my PS3 be a viable option? Transcoding is no problem since I have a 3770k. I do worry though, would this take a toll on either my PC or PlayStation 3?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I'm not sure what a 3770K is, but when I streamed MKV files to my PS3, on larger files I would get stuttering over Wi-Fi. When I switched to a wired connection, the stuttering went away. My PS3 is one of the original ones so I think it only has G wireless. (Not sure if newer ones have N or not.)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I think he means his processor (the 3770k) I have my blu rays stored as non-compressed MKV files on a NAS and host them with PS3mediaserver for the PS3. It plays them just fine, but only over a wired connection. Wireless just didn't have the bandwidth to make it work. If you had a really strong and high bandwidth wireless connection it might work, but I have yet to experience that personally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts