AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RCA seems to have taken a leadership role in manufacturing Digital TVs for the masses. Bravo RCA! I am looking at their model P61310 that was recently introduced.

The 61" widescreen HDTV includes a built-in version of the DTC100 and can be had for under $3000. I placed an order for this set before the "Free RCA progressive-scan DVD" promo expired. After I add the RCA DSA8900E dish and a Terk antenna and hook everything to my DD5.1 audio equipment, I hope to have a good, yet affordable high-def setup.

My assumptions are that:

- This set comes ready to display all currently broadcast HDTV programming (land-based and satellite).

- Because all the video components are RCA, they should work well together.

- I would have to spend a lot more money to do significantly better.

Can anyone say just how this setup would stack up against competing products that stay somewhat close to my budget, i.e. everything for under $4000.

[This message has been edited by RickZ (edited 04-03-2001).]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been reading many of the discussions and it's making me anxious to get my TV and start watching the shows in my own living room.

Any words of encouragement or advice about what to do first when the set arrives?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have some friends that just bought this unit about 2 weeks ago. After some antena problems they are up and running so far they seem to be very happy with it. Yes it does have the DTC-100 built in

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by nlrich:
Where did you get you 61310 for under $3000.
Crazy Eddie has them for $3,199. Sears will price match. A local store took an order from me for $2,927 but hasn't confirmed availability yet, so I don't feel comfortable revealing their name.

This price is what drew me in. Everything else has been too rich for my blood until now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.