AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
This is a NEC6pgextra in disguise I believe. Except it comes with a Runco line multiplier (not sure if it is NEC oem though). The NEC chassis is excellent as many here will testify.

Is it worth $6000. Well that's £4000ish quid. I'd say a lw hrs unit like that has to be worth considering as long as it hasn't been trashed. Are you in Chelmsford, England?

Gordon

Gordon

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you're in Chelmsford Ontario and the price is in $Can then its a fine price and a great projector. If the price is in US$ then its still a decent price if your are getting dealer support. If its an on-line, as-is item then better deals could be found.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
If you look around, you can probably find a better deal. The Runco is just a rebadged NEC. I think this model has 7" tubes. Check with Curt Palme or Quaturbo, they have been very reliable and their pricing is very good. You could save a couple thousand and still get 8" CRTs. Look for NEC XG series, the 852 is very good. The 110LC and 135LC are great but is about the price you are paying now. The liquid coupled lenses really make the picture look stunning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.