AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what's up with the search function in AVS Forum? Last night, I tried to search for 'remote' and got nothing more recent than a day old. Today, I tried searching for 'wvset' and separately for 'amset' so I could see the latest that people were saying about the old debate on turning on or off those Maxtor functions and again I got absolutely no hits. Is it me or is it our esteemed forum??

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by David Bott
Hello...

Please be aware that the search index on the site has an issue that started yesterday morning.

I am aware of this but will not be able to correct it until Saturday evening when I return from the Home Entertainment Expo.

When I do look into the repair...the site will be down for that time (about 1.5 hours). If I need to rebuild the indexes, the site will be down overnight for this process. (I hope it does not come to this.)

Sorry for this issue.

David Bott

AVS Forum Admin
Well asinshesq look what you've done this time!! All those bonfires, the lazy y-cable amperage cheats, and the attempts to get toots to try dangerous new hairstyles? http://www.plauder-smilies.de/person/tails.gif

If our forum goes down overnight we just may have to go out drinking again? Well... we'll know who to blame in such case! :D

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. Did Toots plug her steam iron into David Botts' server again?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Ahh try to blame this one all on toots? KenL is the only one who consistently gets away with that! :D

(the problem was too many posts by KenL... the teams having to search and read them all... on top of searches for 'remote', 'wvset', and 'amset'... perhaps that crashed the search function?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.