AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at some auctions on Ebay at the 10HT and one said the retail price is now $3400.. I was just curious if anyone could confirm that price drop? THanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I just saw the Sanyo PLV-60HT for $4700.. I was just curious what the concensus on these two are.. Is one better than the other or quite equal? Ive seen the Sony but it was not setup that great. But from what I read on here people all say its got great potential. So is the Sanyo any better?

·
Registered
280 Posts
From what I have read on the forum, the Sanyo is hands down the winner in performance, especially contrast. But the prices you mention seem too low. A VW10 doesn't go much under $4500 and the Sanyo is about $5800, best price, if you are dealing with a legitimate dealer who offers full warranty. Considering the possibility of dead pixels, etc., an e-Bay purchase of one of these units would be a real risk.

Mike

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well, interesting NEW development. Just checked today's prices and Projector people DOES have the PLV-60 at $4799. They have been pushing it at $5800, which was a good price, for some time. VERY interesting. I wonder if a new, improved model is on the way.

You might want to try one of these units out at this price.

Mike

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats where I saw the Sanyo for that price.. I read the BIG Picture's review they have of the Sanyo and it seems like its a very good projector.. YOu know if they demo it any Home Theater stores? I live in Massachusetts so Id love to go view it first..

Chris

·
Registered
280 Posts
Chris:

I would do a dealer search on the Sanyo website and then call around your area. Here in Memphis there it's hard to find anything in the showrooms but Runco and Marantz. Anyway, you've got me excited now. A lot of people will be giving the PLV-60 a closer look at $4799. I've tried the NEC LT-150, which is so popular on this forum, and quite cheap, but a good LCD projector always seems to look deeper and richer to me than any DLP I've seen yet, as long as screen door isn't bad.

Good luck to both of us.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.