AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a 46" tv with netflix and 3D and the panasonic TC-46PGT24 seemed to fit the bill but I can't find any info or places to buy this. The last thread about it was back in may and costco had it.

What's the deal?

Slightly OT, do all current panasonic plasma tvs now use the NeoPDP Panel or something equivalent?

·
Registered
73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwshane /forum/post/19606633

I was looking for a 46" tv with netflix and 3D and the panasonic TC-46PGT24 seemed to fit the bill but I can't find any info or places to buy this. The last thread about it was back in may and costco had it.

What's the deal?

Slightly OT, do all current panasonic plasma tvs now use the NeoPDP Panel or something equivalent?

I found 2 units at my local costco. They had some weird pricing where it was $1700 but you get $770 back if you buy a blu ray player and 3D starter kit.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfire22 /forum/post/19608144

I found 2 units at my local costco. They had some weird pricing where it was $1700 but you get $770 back if you buy a blu ray player and 3D starter kit.

this is a Costco only SKU. Costco, Sams and BJs will get different products from big box like BB.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwshane /forum/post/19606633

What's the deal?

The TC-46PGT24 is still on Panasonic's website so i doubt that it's already been discontinued. It does seem to be a very limited release model though.

Quote:

I think all of the 1080p models are NeoPDP, but not the 768p models.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwshane /forum/post/19611937

Is there something equivalent to this model that's more widely available?

No. The TC-46PGT24 was a Costco-only version of the 3D GT25, but the GT25 is only available in 42" and 50" sizes. The Costo version was the only GT model in the 46" size.

Oh, the X24 and C2 are nothing like it - they are entry level models and are not 1080p and are not 3D.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son /forum/post/19613401

.. woo, i got off-center (
);

Yeah i did that last week - i mistakenly got the VT20/VT25 mixed up with the G20/G25 in a thread and started a bunch of confusion

Quote:
guessing the 50" version VT25 version would be best alternative.

Still off-center

The 42" or 50" GT25 (not VT) would be closest to the 46PGT24, but these 3D sets need to be on the larger size to get a better 3D effect so my vote would be the 50GT25. When i looked at 3D on the 50VT25 a while back i was surprised that the TV looked small, where a 50" set looks large to me in normal (non-3D) viewing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts