AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the toshiba d-r410 dvd recorder worth getting worth getting , even though it cant record double layer disks. How does it compare to other dvd recorders

If you are you using dvd +rw disks do you still need to autofinalize or finalize to play on other dvd players.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo /forum/post/14170119

Is the toshiba d-r410 dvd recorder worth getting worth getting , even though it cant record double layer disks. How does it compare to other dvd recorders

If you are you using dvd +rw disks do you still need to autofinalize or finalize to play on other dvd players.

If you don't care about DivX, yes, if you do, get the 400.

Not sure about +RW, technically, I think no, but with DVD recording you never know until you try. I use mostly -RW or -R.

I have the R-400 and it's a decent, basic unit with good picture quality and it records well. Menus could be better, but that's true for most recorders. Once you learn, it's easy. Play with the -RW or +RW to learn how everything works, then you can record to the cheap -R disks for stuff you want to keep.

Search here for the threads on the KR10 and R-400 - the R-410 is very similar except for the lack of DivX, and the addition of some Toshiba specifc stuff. There's another thread on the 410 that mentions most of this.

Oh, and you know this unit has no tuner, right? You don't need one for many uses, but if you do, look elsewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts