AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have powerdvd right now and I am interested in what the picture quality would be with something more expensive like Theatertek. Is this worth the money? I checked out the website and it looks pretty good but, is the pq worth the extra money? Any info would be great.

Brian

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
yes!!!there is a difference in picture..to me it is cleaner.although i have powerdvd as well and like it's features for playing vobs,etc..i believe you could try zoomplayer and use sonic filters(same as TT)...and you could see picture quality at a cheaper price...i do own theatertek though..

brickie

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If all you are after is PQ, just buy the sonic filters and use Zoom Player. TT gives you a very straight forward set-top-box like interface with lots of functionality for aspect ratio controls and includes remote control config files that mostly work. I use TT and only miss the file playback function of PowerDVD. Otherwise I prefer TT.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi there!

How about DTS support with TT? And which soundcard to be prefered to use with TT?

C. YA!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chendy
Hi there!

And which soundcard to be prefered to use with TT?

Let's not start another one of THOSE threads again! ;)

DTS works fine with TT. TT AFAIK does not support multichannel analog output (software decoding).

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
I use a acoustic edge, and it passes DD,DTS,etc flawlessly thru theatertek.i would think what ever soundcard fits your budget to be the best if it works..i'm sure theres many..

brickie

·
Registered
81 Posts
I to believe that TT 1.5 has the best picture quality I viewed so far. I am experiencing some random artifacts though. I get what looks like tearing, it is a momentary distinct separation of the top and bottom of the screen. Has anyone else out there experienced this with the TT player. I think that it may be driver related in the information section no video card or driver is listed.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Tearing is usually a function of the display device....

What display and at what refresh rate ??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by thorr
Let's not start another one of THOSE threads again! ;)

DTS works fine with TT. TT AFAIK does not support multichannel analog output (software decoding).
:D I couldn´t resist the temptation.

Which card are you currently runnin´? I´m only interested in SP/DIF output. Is it better to buy the M-Audio+TT combo? I´ve heard something going on about it, but I´m not sure which card. URL someone?

C. YA!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.