AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 14 speaker wire coming out of the wall behind the tv. Surround sound and 4 pair of speaker distributed throughout the house. I really don't like all the speaker wire just hanging out of the wall. Is there a better way of presenting this. A termination box or something.

Which way do you suggest? Leave the wire hanging or use a junction box of somekind in the wall?

Do any of you know where to find: JAMO Z-81 load bank or JAMO termination box.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have to use a 4 gang box to accomadate my needs I was hoping there was something else to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe sometype of box that mounts on the wall and not in the wall.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe just go to the hardware or electronics store and browse the electrical area for a box that is the size, type you'd be happy with mounting on the wall. Then get a blank cover for it. Go to a good electronics store and get a multi conductor connector that has the number of connections you need or multiple connectors, what ever suits your taste. Then with some simple tools, cut the blank panel to mount the connectors. wire up the cables from the wall and the mating connectors on the cables and your done.

The connectors should be rated for the guage of wire in the walls.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Most pro audio/sound reinforcement equip stores have "SpeakOn" connectors, which have up to (I think) 4-conductor capability in each plug. There are several companies building these onto panels of various types. You can surface-mount a Wiremold box that will accept a double-wide plate if you need, say, 3 or 4 connectors in one spot. Most home improvement stores have the Wiremold stuff.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have any electrical stores here where I live. Do you know of any good ones online that would carry the muti conductor connector?

Please give me a link to the product that you are talking about.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tv4u
I would have to use a 4 gang box to accomadate my needs I was hoping there was something else to use.

Any help would be appreciated.
Parts express and others also carry decora inserts which accept up to 8 connectors (banna jacks, binding posts, RCA jacks, F connectors).

Calrad and others have decora inserts with 4 pairs of binding posts and screw terminals.

Either will let you fit your connectors in a 2-gang box or low voltage ring.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I originally said that I have 14 speaker wires when I guess I should have said I have 14 speakers or 14 sets of speaker wires. Which would actually be 28 speaker wires.

And I need a way to make this look a little neater without taking up a lot of wall space.

Please advise.

Also, has anyone heard of either of these: JAMO Z-81 load bank or JAMO termination box.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.