AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. just used jenny code to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.5 (worked like a charm), now i'd like to pull down the full guide - only have had partial for then next few upcoming days. thought guide would come down overnight, but that wasn't the case. there wasn't anything listed on the "ultimate code" thread. thanks, marc

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't think there is any way to do that. The guide data only comes over the satellite. You get it as DirecTV broadcasts it. It's normal for it to take a couple days to fill up again.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Guide updates used to come in the wee hours of the morning but lately they've been coming between 9 & 10 a.m. EDT (6 & 7 PDT). Make sure you're not recording on both channels during those hours & it should update.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i shall wait then. was just psyched to maybe use a code again because it worked so well the first time. thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by watching
Guide updates used to come in the wee hours of the morning but lately they've been coming between 9 & 10 a.m. EDT (6 & 7 PDT). Make sure you're not recording on both channels during those hours & it should update.
Nope. Guide updates come continuously in my experience and I doubt it makes much difference if you are recording anything.

Clip

·
Registered
17,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clip
Nope. Guide updates come continuously in my experience and I doubt it makes much difference if you are recording anything.

Clip
Yes, the guide does continuously update, however, it does update in larger chunks when the unit is in standby, especially as opposed to when you're recording and watching programs.

Software updates and PPV access logs are sent in the middle of the night (usually, though one person who did get 3.7 mentioned getting it in the middle of the day).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.