AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a Barco Graphics 1208/2 (9000898 SEPT/1995)but the seller says its "stuck in standby" which I assume means the mains power will light up the Standby light, but it will not power up beyond that. Is there a dip switch or easy cause for this type of situation?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Paul,

That could mean anything. My guess is there is a problem with the Power Supply board.

Terry

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Is it operator error? Or a significant problem, like Terry mentioned?

My Barco 701S was set to turn on to standby when plugged in... and I moved a dip-switch, and now it powers up (without going to standby.) My Barco 708 had the same type of adjustment, but I was able to do it in the menu (if my memory is any good).

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
A stuck button on the keypad can cause it too, but a dead power supply is more common. I can fix those.

Curt

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses, especially the one that includes "I can fix those" I really like to hear that, especially knowing the potential cost for Barco parts.

I'm hoping its operator error, because I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't even realize there's a built in remote. But if its a repairable power supply, thats ok too.

Ps: I've got a Barco Data 701s Service manual if anyone wants a copy. Email me directly if you need one, its in being copied right now.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Paul --- very kind of you to offer a copy of the 701S service manual.

I just bought a 708, and I got a 701S service manual as part of the package. I had no idea it was such a large manual... mine came in a three-ring binder.

Is the 708 much different than the 701S? Externally, they look identical... except for the auto-IRIS on the 708.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.