Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Is there a consumer matching color for the silver bezel of Fujitsu P50XHA30WS? I will be getting new satellite speakers and have the option of getting black or I can get a white and paint them. I think black will look fine, but if there is a matching color out there for the P50 I would be most appreciative for that knowledge. For example a Krylon color or some other consumer paint that will match the bezel color of the P50.

Thank you.

PS My long search and research are over - I bought the P50XHA30WS :D as you might have guessed. Review and pics to folllow shortly.

Prof. Dave

·
Super Moderator
21,445 Posts
congratulations on your new P50: enjoy!!:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
or you could just paint the bezel on the Fujitsu black....hehe....congrats on your purchase...can't wait for those pics....

Sure would be nice if they made the Fujitsu with a black bezel...it would match so much more stuff....

Jeff

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats--Enjoy mine so far and I know you will also. Want to post a picture of my set-up, but not sure how to do it on this forum. Suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Congratulations Prof. Dave!

Take my advice though from one prof to another, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT tell your students about it. Somehow it destroys their mental image that all profs ever do is read and write. Clueless. :D

David

·
Registered
266 Posts
Try this company I beleive they are nat'l and we use them in the automobile industry, for touch ups etc, they can match any color

TOUCH OF COLOR 1-877-36KNICKS they come to you

·
Registered
90 Posts
When you get your plasma, you could then head over to a good paint store and grab some color chips you think are close in color, bring them home and then match them up. "Maybe" the remote will be the same color so you could take that along.

Try semi-gloss paint since it "may" match the sheen of the bezel.

Remember, good quality paints start out lighter and darken as they dry so do not be alarmed when you start painting and the color does not match while it's still wet.

JMTC

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
MarketingProf, we still have to get together so I can calibrate your P50 unless you've had it done already to your satisfaction. Good to hear from you.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Here's another option. If you would consider another brand of satellite speakers, Mirage makes the Omnisat and Omnisat Micro speakers that come in either silver or silver/black combo that closely matches the P50 silver bezel.

Besides matching the color, these are really nice satellites.

edit: Mirage calls the colors Platinum and Platinum/Black. I haven't seen the platinum speakers next to the P50 but they appear to be close in color. You would want to check them for yourself.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hey Plasmaniac!

Thought we lost touch there. I'll PM you. Thanks!

David

·
Registered
70 Posts
You may want to consider "high-heat" paint... available at paint shops and auto shops... it's a little tougher that the "regular" stuff. (You dont need a 2000 deg engine paint... just something that can handle the heat coming off the top of the panel.)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi CTBob,

You may want to post a separate thread on this.

Be aware of the design limits of Plasma screen flat speakers:

They are shallow, so the rear panel of the speaker case is wide, flat and too close to the speaker, which when moving brings the plastic rear panel to vibrate in resonance, which causes irregular back-pressure interfering with speaker membrane movement, slowing it down when it wants to speed up and reducing its more subtle movements, making for a less defined sound.

So by design plasma speakers are intrinsically handicapped by their aesthetic conception. I'm sure some will sound OK with not too complex a signal, one lacking in sudden impacts or attacks (midrange voice modulation for example) and flat speakers sure are cool to look at. But speakers mostly meant to be seen risk not sounding as good as one might hope for, musically when it fails to reproduce detail or impact of orchestral movements in your favorite concert broadcasts, or for strict home theater use where you wish the soundtrack would help transpose the filmed screenplay with as much realism as possible.

But I'm being to hard on flat plasma speakers - after all, some plasma screens were meant to be heard rather than seen (ie fans and poor picture). ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.