AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,792 Posts
I only have WD-43 and not WD-H43 but frankly I think it is a marketing hype.

Would be nice if someone who has both posted the test results.

As of sales guy, if he is worth at least 0.1% of whatever they are paying him he ought to tell you that.

· Registered
10,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo2000 /forum/post/0

I only have WD-43 and not WD-H43 but frankly I think it is a marketing hype.

Would be nice if someone who has both posted the test results.

As of sales guy, if he is worth at least 0.1% of whatever they are paying him he ought to tell you that.

Can't test it since there is no more WD-43 in Toronto. Besides, based on the last wholesale pricelist of the WD-43 vs current WD-H43, they are priced exactly the same (at least in Canada).

· Registered
3,792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo /forum/post/0

Can't test it since there is no more WD-43 in Toronto. Besides, based on the last wholesale pricelist of the WD-43 vs current WD-H43, they are priced exactly the same (at least in Canada).

I bought my WD-43 in 2005 on ebay for $45 and it was shipped from Minnetoba.

· Registered
10,401 Posts
I'm not doubting your purchase price, but there are some questionable Canadian pricing scheme happening a lot of times. For example, the dealer's cost for DM50 in Canada is about 100% higher than the street price of DM50 in the US. Yet, mysteriously, some Canadian eBay sellers can sell the DM50 for LESS than US street price.

· Registered
737 Posts
what happened to Kathy's initial report on the comparasons. Does the conclusion still stand?

I myself would be shocked to discover there is a difference between WD-xx vs WD-Hxx.

A good lens is a good lens, why would HD have anything to do with it.

· Registered
10,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodobeHD /forum/post/0

I myself would be shocked to discover there is a difference between WD-xx vs WD-Hxx.

A good lens is a good lens, why would HD have anything to do with it.

maybe because the original (non HD) version does not have to have such a high resolving resolution to begin with? or better anti-glare coating? I'm just speculating here.

For example, I used to have the older gen Sony 37mm WCL back in 1999. Then in 2002 (?) they changed the shape a bit, raised the MSRP of the same lens (with the change of UPC too, of course). So I borrowed the newer version of the lens and attach it to the very same D8 camcorder. Strangely enough the image quality is markedly better than the older one. (the newer version is almost transparant whereas the older one seems to look like there's a veil covering the lens... when compared to the image recorded on the D8 camcorder without any conversion lens).

Obviously, I can't comment about the Canon H43 vs 43 other than the sales-pitch from the sales rep.

· Registered
10,401 Posts
from dvinfo.net:

"Interestingly enough, I did find a difference when checking the wd-43 vs. the wd-h43

It was an odd enough result that I had to share...

basically I aimed at a black and white store advertisement, and tried the manual focus.

With the wd-43, when I went in and out of focus, the black print on white would change colors! I think it was between red and blue.

it was odd, I was wondering if it was some sort of chromatic distortioin that I'd been reading about here.

the wd-h43 did the focus just fine...
"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.