AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit confused. I currently have a 70" Elite that I absolutely love and am looking for another 70" to put in my basement to replace my 60" Sony EX700 that will go in my master bedroom. During and after CES there was discussion of the new 4K Sharp designated as the LC-70UD1U. From what I have seen this same model number was released in 2013. The only thing I can see different is that the 2013 model is not HDMI 2.0 and the 2014 model supposedly is. What am I missing here. Is Sharp using the same model number for the 2014 model as the 2013 model? Are there other differences in the 2014 model and if you were looking for a 4K set would you consider this TV? I know Vizio is coming out with a FALD 4K set soon but I have been so please with my Elite I am leaning towards another Sharp product. I have no particular reason for wanting 4K other than to try to match the picture quality of the Elite and have the newer technology. Thanks as always.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
As far as I know Sharp has not released the 2014 4K set. The current 2013 set is still being sold..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.