AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know from some owners if there is a difference in these panels or are they the same. I'm returning my LG LV9500 LED and I really would like one of these in a larger size when the prices come down in Oct.

·
Banned
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg
I did not know the Samsungs had a black rise. I appreciate the response.
Cnet has reported its tv already rising. We have to wait for other people to confirm.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3reach /forum/post/20840794

No. Their starting blacks are the same.

However, it remains to be seen if the 2011 Samsungs's black really rise. We need more confirmation.

can you confirm they're the same? i have yet to see any form of accurate measurement comparing the 3 models.

·
Registered
592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg /forum/post/20840752

I just wanted to know from some owners if there is a difference in these panels or are they the same. I'm returning my LG LV9500 LED and I really would like one of these in a larger size when the prices come down in Oct.

I found the D7000 to have a bit better blacks than the other two which seem to be the same.

·
Registered
23 Posts
CNet, as already mentioned in an above post, said the black levels rise as measured. It was indicated in their D7000 review that the TV size may affect black level performance as well, with the 59 inch models allegedly having better blacks, although it`s speculative at this point. All told, the varying degrees of black levels between Sammy models would not really be noticeable, as D-Katz said the 2011 Sammy Plasmas have poorer shadow detail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.