AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got myself in a little predicament and trying to figure out the best way to fix it. I had to move my projector back 14 inches but unfortunately my hdmi can only go 10 inches. If I want to make my current HDMI longer I can cut a bunch of holes in my ceiling (already put 2 in ceiling and really don't want to go this route) and try to pull it through or add a coupler and a 6 inch HDMI cable. My question is: Is there any loss in picture quality using a HDMI coupler to extend my HDMI cable 6 inches?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I got myself in a little predicament and trying to figure out the best way to fix it. I had to move my projector back 14 inches but unfortunately my hdmi can only go 10 inches. If I want to make my current HDMI longer I can cut a bunch of holes in my ceiling (already put 2 in ceiling and really don't want to go this route) and try to pull it through or add a coupler and a 6 inch HDMI cable. My question is: Is there any loss in picture quality using a HDMI coupler to extend my HDMI cable 6 inches?

I've got couplers in place on 34 different HDMI runs (3 of 'em on one 50' one) and have never had a problem. Don't think you can get a 6" cable though. Well, you can get a "port saver" one from monoprice that'll do the job. Here you go http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041913&p_id=2891&seq=1&format=2

You'll have 2 extra inches!:) ;)

Ed

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Unless that HDMI coupler causes you to reach the digital cliff, you should be fine. I've used numerous HDMI couplers, and that's really all that wall plates are as well. So, by all means, go ahead and use one. As mentioned above, the HDMI 'port saver' is probably a better way to go. Also, you can get HDMI extension cables which are male to female cables (like the port saver) at various lengths. Those will be a bit better than a coupler since you will only have one new HDMI connection to make instead of two like a coupler would require.

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024010

1 - 3 of 3 Posts