AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read recently that a panny and a pioneer have firewire in.

I am interested in hearing about any/all dvd recorders with firewire in, and especially ones that would record firewire in, from one of the HDTV tuner firewire outputs .. like the SIRT-165 or the new LG 3410a, which will probably have phenomenal firewire output?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Plus you will not be able to do much with a regular DVDR - with 4.7GB you will get about 1/2 hour or so and you will need at least a 2x DVD player since the standard 17Mb/sec rate is more than max DVD rate of 10Mb/sec.

Overall there is just too much to make that work on regular players. You have to wait till HD players/recorders.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its for tv shows, that are 1 hour in length so I dont mind flipping or swapping a dvd out. It sounds like I should look at converting the raw stream as its recorded to the hard drive from a Zenith recorder or a computer hd tuner card , to mpg or avi or something and then burining that to a dvd.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
ZZtop,

I use a MYHD tuner card in my PC and burn HD tv shows to DVD-R's at 4x speed and they playback perfect from the burned DVD-R's. Works great and was relatively cheap to buy.

Mike

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah thats kind of what I was looking at.

I had burned a dvd from the S-VHS video out, at 480i, I couldnt get the Zenith component output at 480i to sync up on my Philips 985 dvd recorder component 480i inputs.

THAT I need to check out, either the Philips has a bad scan range, or more likely the Zenith is not outputting the right range. I read that several dvi dvd players or dvi cards for plasma's required adjustments because the Zenith 520 put out too high a gain on its DVI output signal.

The Aurora A303 is one example of that.

When doing this I noticed the quality of the resulting dvd was VERY good. Better than about 1/2 the retail dvd's I have bought in fact.

What software and steps do u take to get to dvd, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.