AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a Samsung UN40H6350 for the bedroom (unless there's something better with better PQ). Amazon's page actually updated while I was looking at it to add (2014 Model) to the description. I'm assuming that means new models for 2015.

But do we have any info on them? Is there some killer features in a comparably priced set coming, or am I better off getting this on on clearance?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm considering a Samsung UN40H6350 for the bedroom (unless there's something better with better PQ). Amazon's page actually updated while I was looking at it to add (2014 Model) to the description. I'm assuming that means new models for 2015.

But do we have any info on them? Is there some killer features in a comparably priced set coming, or am I better off getting this on on clearance?
I'm waiting for the Sony w850c. They got a 75 inch and hoping it has low input lag. Some places list it as back lit and others list it as edge lit.

http://www.sonyrumors.net/2015/01/15/2015-sony-hdtv-screen-size-feature-guide/

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
8,926 Posts

What is it about that set that appeals to you? It is $600 for last year’s 1080p model? It is a 120 Hz TV. That is great but you said it is for the bed room. Are you really going to use the 120 Hz there? Are you playing games on it from a computer?

You sound concerned with cost. Are you married to Samsung or would you consider other brands?

For reference the Vizio E50 is 120 Hz and has Clear Action 240 just like the Samsung. However, it also adds full array local dimming and has a better input lag time for about half the price($339 at Costco) in the same size. You can get a 55” Vizio for about the same price as the 40" Samsung. Or even get a 43” 4K Vizio for exactly the same amount.

http://www.costco.com/all-tvs.html?refine=30212+14144

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up getting a UN48H6350 a couple weeks ago. A store near me was closing and I got it for $720 so couldn't pass it up. I'd planned on waiting for new models, but this was a good deal and I'm quite happy with it.

I'd just been reading reviews and the Samsungs had some o the better reviews. After turning of the 120Hz, some time with DV Essentials, and playing with it for a while, I love it. The picture is great and light years away from my old Westinghouse it replaced.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't care about 4k right now. No content, no devices that play the nonexistent content, price, and it's debatable how much of an improvement 4k is on a small set in a bedroom. It's not like going from 480 to 1080p where it was readily apparent.

I don't see 4k being mainstream for a few years. By then I'd imagine TVs will be even better and cheaper anyway.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
smart man

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Best deal going on a high quality 40" is Samsung 6350.

Another good set that is cheaper is the Sony 40W600B. Also great for gaming

1 - 9 of 9 Posts