AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order a Z5 this week. And I haven't seen a main thread on what settings people like to use with this projector. The information has got to be out there somewhere, but I'm not finding it. I've got the Digital Video Essentials calibration disc. I can post my settings when I find some that I like. But in the mean time, I was wondering if there are some parameters other people have settled on liking. It might help me get in the ballpark when I start my calibration. Thanks.

·
Registered
742 Posts
DrJon, for some reason the Z5 tweaks seem to be unavailable because apparently the Z4 is more or less the same unit, hence folks are just using the rather extensive Z4 tweak thread, have fun looking through that! If you have DVE then you should have a great setup with some time spent setting her up. I found that the colours etc out of the box are quite good, however this is my first PJ so I am not really aware of how good it does get. I am waiting for my new screen material before tweaking mine. Enjoy your new Z5, I sure like mine, its eally an awesome unit.

There are a cpl of different tweaks under user names of ROne and Eagles. One uses Creative cinema mode as a base the other uses Living mode.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I admit to not having waded all the way through the Z4 tweak thread.
I might be more inclined to do so if I knew the parameters would all translate well. Maybe I'll post my settings once I have it dialed in using the DVE DVD. I'll start a search now for ROne and Eagles. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.