AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't there a 2nd generation DLP chip out? (or is that only on the TV's). When might we expect a 2nd generations DLP chip in a projector in this sub-$5000 category? Any news if there is going to be a model change for the Sony HS 10 this year? (eventually yes, but wondering about this year)

P.S. I would have to drive at least 2 hours for anyone to understand what a DLP TV or projector is. (store outlet) So it looks like I'll be doing lots of research on this board to narrow down my choices. I wish I could demo all these nice projectors...

Truly,

Dave

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
There are several generations of DLP chips. The X1 uses what I'd consider a "2nd generation" DLP chip (at least it's newer than the 'old' DLP chips), but its in 4:3 format.

What you may be thinking of is the RPTVs that use the WXGA format chips (Mustang) I think they're called, but in projectors they don't fall in the under $5000 category. That the TVs using these chips are so much cheaper is somewhat of a mystery to all of us, and it has been discussed here before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.