AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have one remote to use on both of my setups? and one that would also allow me to get into all teh menus and functions that the stock remote allowed, cable boxes tv's vcr's dvd, blu ray and recievers. is this possiable if so which one? also if I wanted to get one remote for each set up which one? thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would think almost any editor styled programmable remote will do what you're asking.

Your question has so many answers I'll just talk about my old TSU-7000.

When I built the config, I had stored every IR code for every device I had in my home at the time. There was at least one separate page (touchscreen) for each device I owned. These pages had basic buttons that mimicked every function that the OEM remotes had. These pages could be accessed at any time so I could tweek as I saw fit, but weren't apart of the normal day to day config.

Now the Home page for my 7000 was a location selection page. Simply pick the button that represented the location you were currently at, and the remote would then jump to the set-up for that location, and access the stored IR codes for the devices for that location.

Can you do this with other universals...?...for sure. Will it take time...?...you bet your ass.

Hope it helped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts