AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering, with all the hardware modificating going on with the Momitsu and Bravo D1, could it be the firmware developement kit supplied by Sigma is the lemon?

Is there a player based on this chip set which behaves flawlessly?

·
Registered
477 Posts
The Swedish users consider the Yamakawa 365DivX stabile also BUT it lacked the possibility to use custom resolutions last time I checked (and that is what makes my V880 worth keeping, rock solid or not). I also think its “only†DVI-D compared to the DVI-I found on my V880. It might therefore lack RGBHV support through the DVI connector (but I think I read something about RGBHV support through the SCART connector but I am not sure).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Magnavox MDVD-100 (ESS chip set, cheap Sampo clone), which is unremarkable in itself, except that once flashed with the OFFA firmware it rcognised poorly mastered dvds and surface damaged dvds which previously caused problems.

It in common with the Bravo D1 it has a Fuss Audio loader, which seemed to be the cause of the problems, until the upgrade in firmware.

As a point of interest the power supply has a 68uF capacitor compared to the Momitsu's 47uF.

I think all the hardware upgrading in the Bravo D1 and Momitsu is secondary to the real cause of the problems - the firmware, so its heartening to hear that at least one sigma 8500 player works well.

EmuMannen,

I too have a Momitsu, driving a CRT projector, and I wouldn't give it up, despite its quirks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.