AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out what is the easiest way to combine several Hipix "minute" files into one large .ts file. It seems the that both "Xmuxer" and "HDTVtoMpeg2" aren't really designed to handle combining too many files at one time.

Ideally, it would be nice to just have Xmuxer or HDTVtoMpeg2 accept adding several Hipix .ts files in preparation to convert to mpeg2.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
yep, the DOS command copy /b file1.ts+file2.ts+... bigfile.ts works fine but you are limited by the size of the DOS command line length (256?) it helps to have small file names. Also, its DOS not windows. There is a GUI I/F called mpgjoin that also works on .ts files with an explorer type GUI. I bet most MPEG or VOB joiners or stichers will work for .ts files. Try a google search on mpgjoin.exe or vobmerger.exe. (You have to rename the .ts file to .mpg for it to be 'seen' by mpgjoin then renamed back to .ts)

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not feasible to do this at the command line when each directory has 90+ .ts files.

Dave, the mpegjoin utility is hardset at using only .mpeg file extension. Otherwise, this utility would probably work.

Im not having much luck finding a Windows utility to do this.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
As I edited my post... Rename the .ts to .mpg and mpgjoin will work. (not sure about 90+ files, however) It's also easier to rename the .ts files to .mpg under DOS ie rename *.ts *.mpg The VB coders you have access to should be able to whip something up in about a half an hour. :D

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Dave. Did you know that mpegjoin forces you to select each file individually? Well, it's still better than typing it at the command line :)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yea, Its slow a hell too. (maybe it would help if its priority is set higher?) You should go to bed if you're trying 90+ files. I think DOS is faster but then I usually only join and crop 4-7 files.

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, I think I found the best utility for this.

Twins File Merger 2.0 It was only $15 to register it. It's the only utility I found that will easily combine many files at a time and isn't limited to a file type.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.