AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still waiting to decide between Direct TV and the Dish Network. Right now cable is fine, but my dilemma sets in after xmas of 2008. After my boys each get their HD TV, we will have -4- HD TV's in our house.

My question is if I go with just one DVR box for our main tv, will the other -3- non-DVR boxes be able to bring in the HD channels to those TV's ?

If so does both Direct TV and the Dish Network accomplish this for me, only one of them, or none of the above ?

Finally if Direct and Dish cannot meet my needs what other options do I have other then cable ?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Both providers offer DVR and non DVR HD receivers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt !

When surfing through both of the provider's websites I never got a great feeling I could get a straight answer for my question according to the info. provided ................

·
Registered
676 Posts
heaven forbid you put up a antenna. I get 44 digital channels where I live (no amp.) they are just as clear as the dish and in some cases better than cable. there is life outside of cable or satellite. unless your in the country, then add a amplifier to your antenna to feed all the tv's.

sorry been with dish or E* for 10 1/2 years and about to leave a sad customer, upgraded receiver was poor equipment and phone service could not resolve the problem.
I won't put up with poor quality HD!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Got an antenna on my roof too, it doesn't get me ESPN, Discovery, HBO, etc.... heaven forbid he might want more then just local channels...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts