AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had this setup for a little over a year and it's great. It's a panny 50" commercial plasma w/side speakers, directv HD receiver, and now a PS3.

I didn't realize how much I would enjoy all these new blu-ray movies on this PS3. I had purchased it solely as a gaming machine, so these HD movies are a real plus.

Anyway I get the feeling im missing out audio-wise. My TV speakers are, well ... TV speakers
I wanted to look into something that would provide surround sound, but I know absolutely nothing about these things.

The thing is, I dont have alot of room for speakers or alot of extra equipment etc. I also do not need a very loud system. In fact, something small and wireless would probably be alot better for me. I have included a picture to show what my setup looks like. I had to take the picture from an angle because again, I dont have alot of room here.

So I guess what I was looking for is some sort of surround sound system thats

1) relatively inexpensive. large amount of volume not needed here.

2) does not take up much space at all. i do not want any equpment to sit on top of this entertainment center, but rather inside of it, and with some small speakers that can be placed elsewhere like on nightstand, dresser etc.

3) fully compatable and nicely complimenting my panny TH-50PHD8UK plasma, DirecTV h20, and 60GB PS3.

4) black in color

Thanks for any help at all in this matter. I look forward to reading some responses

·
Registered
155 Posts
The center channel kinda HAS to go on top of that TV cabinet. I really doesn't work anywhere else. I wouldn't use wireless speakers, they aren't that great.

You said "Small room, inexpensive". What are the volume and demensions of this room? And how inexpensive are we talking here? A number rounded to the nearest $50 would be helpful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also, look at your manual, or just the back of your TV--you may be able to use the TV speakers as a center channel, which would suit your aesthetic needs very well, though you may take a hit on sound quality.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
They make mounts that can place the center channel over the TV. Or consider placing a little shelf up there on the wall just above and behind it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.