AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searches havent turned up much but there has to be a way to do it? or is it quicker just to pull the movie off the shelf and re-rip?

·
Registered
13 Posts
What's your real goal? You've already taken a quality hit in converting from one compression method to another. Just going back is probably going to cause more.

Are you trying to burn to a disc to put into a player? Or preconvert to a different codec that doesn't require as much CPU power to display?

·
Banned
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Castle /forum/post/14256288

What's your real goal? You've already taken a quality hit in converting from one compression method to another. Just going back is probably going to cause more.

Are you trying to burn to a disc to put into a player? Or preconvert to a different codec that doesn't require as much CPU power to display?

I converted everything to m4v so that they play on the htpc and the appletv; of course, theres the odd occasion when i want to take a movie with me, very rare, but rather than pulling movies out of crates in the basement it would be nice to just hit convert, of course, accepting the quality hit.

I figure it takes about an hour of digging then ripping to go back to the disc.

·
Registered
23,130 Posts
I think Nero can do it, probably takes an hour at least, maybe more.

Why would you have to rip again to use the original disc?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts