AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a VP but, I'm not going through the hassle of splitting audio and video. I want to use one HDMI cable from my sources (XA2, PS3, TiVo S3 etc) through the VP and then through my AVR (Integra 9.8) to the display. Is this a pipe dream? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The DVDO VP50pro is the only VP at the moment that is HDMI 1.3a compliant and able to pass HBR bitstream that I am aware of but the firmware to allow HBR bitstream has not been released as yet....

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetd /forum/post/12865895

I am interested in a VP but, I'm not going through the hassle of splitting audio and video. I want to use one HDMI cable from my sources (XA2, PS3, TiVo S3 etc) through the VP and then through my AVR (Integra 9.8) to the display. Is this a pipe dream? Thanks.

The Lumagen Radiance XD will currently do what you want. I have 4 HDMI sources (Sa 8300 HD, A20, PS3 and Pioneer HD1) connected as you describe with 2 HDMI inputs to spare. All sources work perfectly. The XD is currently HDMI 1.1 so you would need a BD/HD-DVD player that decodes DTS-MA internally to take advantage of that. Lumagen will offer an upgrade to 1.3 for current owners who desire it soon. I personally don't see the need for it.

·
Registered
27,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger /forum/post/12873924

The Lumagen Radiance XD will currently do what you want. I have 4 HDMI sources (Sa 8300 HD, A20, PS3 and Pioneer HD1) connected as you describe with 2 HDMI inputs to spare. All sources work perfectly. The XD is currently HDMI 1.1 so you would need a BD/HD-DVD player that decodes DTS-MA internally to take advantage of that.

The o/p is asking specifically about processors that allow the codec to be bitstreamed through them, which requires HDMI 1.3.

There are currently no HD DVD or Blu-ray players that decode DTS-HD Master Audio internally. That can only be done with a bitstreamed signal to a compatible receiver, currently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts