AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i notice sometimes i can occasionaly get other channels occasionaly or barely,sometimes these are the pay channels etc... im using the samsung h260f tuner and im wondering if there is anything i can do to increase the general performance of the QAM tuning? maybe a signal booster? im just curious,thanks.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i noticed that it is the neighbors bcuz occasionaly while watching one of the free on demand movies (all of this is non hd) the occasional naughty movie came on but then i started to notice pausing rewinding and fast forwarding. then i realised i was getting other peoples feeds,i will eventualy do OTA as well,i wonder if ill experience the same thing,ive heard you get alot moe channels through OTA then QAM.

· AVS Forum Special Member
11,153 Posts
Presumably a cable tech measuring the signal amplitudes on several bands would find them okay. If a frequency band was too low from the incoming line, that might influence QAM performance, and would require tweaking farther back on the path. Measuring at the STB input would also ensure any cables or splitters between the incoming line drop and the tuner were okay. Ensuring any splitters are adequate (5--1000 MHz?) and connections are tight are a few DIY steps--other than substituting other hardware known to be good. A line amp might degrade performance if signal levels are adequate to start with. -- John

· Registered
3,721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldarironfist /forum/post/0

i,i wonder if ill experience the same thing,ive heard you get alot moe channels through OTA then QAM.

Unlikely, unless you are close to a lot of transmitters and the cable co has limited clear QAM chs. And of course you'll never get VOD OTA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.