AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago while cleaning my sony 1272 lenses I noticed they also had build up on the inside.

I tried to dismantle the lense, I removed all the framing and got down to the bare lense but could not get it out.

Has anyone taken these completely apart for cleaning?

Gerald

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I've had no need on any of mine, but I've been told to remove the four stubs that are use to lock the mechanical focus adjustments (two have finger nuts the other two are guides on the opposite side of the lense.

Once all those studs are out, it just unscrews.

Once you've got them clean, reinstalled, and refocused, use blue masking tape over all the lense seams, and adjustment slots...it'll keep the dust out. I also seal my tube faces to the back of the lense using weather stripping. (the NEC XG LC's have a great 1/4" groove in the back of the lense for this!)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kenny, that did the trick.

I used a pair of channel locks on the studs. They are screwed into the plastic.

Well, that was interesting,I just cleaned one of the lenses using water and a cotton cloth. There is still a film on there that doesn't want to come off, I was hoping this would make them crystal clear.

Gerald

·
Registered
262 Posts
im sure you meant to say that you used lens cleaner that is safe for coated optics from a camera store not water, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.