AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just got Directv this weekend with the Whole Home DVR. once the installer finished, I hooked up a esata external drive. To do so I turned the DVR, Hooked up the esata drive, restarted the DVR

I am just trying to find a screen in the DVR operating system menu ehich woukd show me that I have a 1TB drive with available space.

Just want to make sire it worked.

Anyone have an answer?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank /forum/post/20850864

Hello

Just got Directv this weekend with the Whole Home DVR. once the installer finished, I hooked up a esata external drive. To do so I turned the DVR, Hooked up the esata drive, restarted the DVR

I am just trying to find a screen in the DVR operating system menu ehich woukd show me that I have a 1TB drive with available space.

Just want to make sire it worked.

Anyone have an answer?

There isn't any screen that will show you what you're looking for.

The only place is in the diagnostic menu, but it isn't worth trying to get into that for this.

Record about 5 hours of HD shows and you might see you've used 2%, or still have 98% free being shown on the playlist screen. If it shows 4% or more, then you're not on the eSATA, but the internal drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.