AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 5040 froze up tonight, so naturally I held the power key down for 5 seconds and it rebooted as normal. Well, not quite so normal because when it came back all my recorded shows were gone, the ReplayGuide was empty!! But wait, now it gets odd. After I got through the grief of realizing my copy of the last Angel was gone (the only thing I cared about on there luckily) I started to reprogram the &*$#! thing. I programmed in a show my wife watches regularly and the Replay tells me, you idiot, you can't do that, you already have something programmed at that time, the same show! But my guide is currently empty....or is it?? Huh?!?!

Obviously, the guide and most likely the recorded shows still exist it's just not showing this to the silly human who bought the box. So, how do I get it back? is there a way to rebuild it? The guide shows no shows to DVArchive either. I've tried rebooting it again and forcing a net connect through 243 Zones to no avail. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
202 Posts
There is no way that I know to rebuild the guide, just doing steps to try to make it forget the old information.

Have you tried the 243 zones -clear guide. Do that 2 times then do the 243-zones-net connect. See if that works. If not it may be time to do a complete refresh(old 777 zones, but I believe that changed)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, i didn't try the 243-zones-clear guide trick, i'll try that next and report back. i think that only clears the channel guide, but I'll try it anyway.

there appears to sort of be two guide indexes in play now, the old one, which doesn't show up in either ReplayGuide or the ChannelGuide, except when I try to program something that conflicts and now a new one I've started.

i imagine in the end i'll have to resort to 382-zones and wipe everything since the regular maintenance run of the software isn't picking up on the old shows or incorporating the old index. :(

·
Registered
478 Posts
Have you tried accessing it with DVArchive? If it works, you can at least pull that Angel episode down to your PC and watch it after the 382

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DVArchive: yep, that was one of the first things I tried last night. Apparently, whatever guide data DVArchive uses is the same that the Replay itself does, so Angel doesn't show up in the list. since the amount of space left on the disk is proclaimed as 100% free, the old shows may be gone anyway even if the old guide index still sort of exists.

fyi. i tried the the channel guide clear thing from 243-zones and that made no difference. looks like it's time to 382-zones and be done with it. argh. :mad:

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
I think your only hope is pulling the drive and using extract_tv.

There's a chance the show files are still there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Unless the unit is still under warranty, and you want to RMA it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all your responses everyone. in the end, i used 382-zones to reset it. it's been fine ever since... after I added all the shows to the Guide again of course ;).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.