AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shorter version:

I want to know if there is a way to tell which song in my itunes library have DRM applied to them? Basically, I will (begrudgingly) pay up to unlock the library songs via Apple's new option that have DRM.. but I want to know if there is a way to tell which songs in my library still have DRM on them.

Extra info:

A while ago, I ripped about 100 CDs to FLAC. I then converted to Apple Lossless so they would play nice with Itunes (I consider my FLAC library to be my "Master" library). Since then, over time, I have purchased a bunch of itunes songs. I want to reach the goal of ensuring my entire library is DRM free. So once I pay up to Apple to unlock the DRM on available purchases, I want to be able to tell which songs are left in my library that still have DRM, so that I can use the various workarounds to unlock them.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you're using iTunes, then it ought to have created a list of all of your iTunes store purchases. If you don't have the list, there is another way to do this.

Assuming you want a list of all DRM-containing tracks purchased from the iTunes store, you can create a smartlist (one of the best features of iTunes). When you create the conditions for the smartlist, limit its "type" to "Protected ACC audio file," and it will automatically build a smartlist of all DRM-containing iTunes store purchases.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip Milaz.

Creating a smartlist using Kind = protected did the trick

In fact, even better, from there I realized I could just have my entire library showing , right click on it, and export the songlist to text.

Then I opened that with Excel and was able to sort and filter to my hearts content.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Glad it worked. Smartlists are very useful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts