AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
5,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbark  /t/1525191/is-there-an-analog-equalizer-with-a-slider-lower-then-20-hz#post_24552290

Looking for an analog eq that has adjustments below 20 hz.?  Have a great day! woof

The old Rane PE17 is a 5 band PEQ that allows you to center things down to 10hz iirc.

Tom V.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbark  /t/1525191/is-there-an-analog-equalizer-with-a-slider-lower-then-20-hz#post_24552290

Looking for an analog eq that has adjustments below 20 hz.?  
They're quite rare, as the standard center frequencies for a 31 band EQ start at 20Hz. If you need to go lower a multiband parametric is probably what you need.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks All.  There are several used Rane's  available.  Is there anything I should know before my order?  1/4 plugs are no problem.   Might go with a powered subwoofer especially the Power Sound   or an SVS but haven't ruled out going passive. I have over 500 watts on tap if I go for a passive or a DIY, using a 4.5 cubic inch hardwood SEALED box using a Dayton 15" Titanic 4.  Yes there appear to be a couple of Daytons that actually spec better but I need four ohms.  Thanks and have a great day!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I'd strongly suggest omni mic or REW (if you don't have already) to measure results of your tuning. I have omni mic and look at the display on my laptop as I adjust the bands. I couldn't imagine relying on my ears with so much adjustability, a lot can go wrong.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
A MiniDSP would be far more use with a number of PEQ bands, high and low pass filters and delay if needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts